Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit http://www.evergreen.ca
This Evergreen Brick Works team member plays a key role enhancing the Visitor Experience for the site. A skilled, organized collaborator with an ability to work across teams to plan, set priorities and efficiently implement tasks and procedures, this person leads a team of Welcome Desk Animators who are the face of the organization and deliver on the visitor experience standards.
1. Welcome Centre Leadership
• This position is the leads the Visitor Experience team at Evergreen Brick Works, providing key information to visitors, including responding to:
• Inquiries regarding Evergreen, the site, programs, activities, space rental, transportation and parking.
• Health and safety issues that may arise on site, including maintaining first aid stations and records of any incidents that occur on site.
• Public feedback, concerns and issues that may arise, including documentation in visitor activity logs and weekly visitor reports.
• Supervises and and trains the Welcome Desk team and coordinates with the volunteer team to recruit and train Welcome Centre volunteers.
• Works closely with Facility Management, Program and Events teams to understand, enhance and promote activities on site, while ensuring a clean and safe experience.
• Administers the on-site photography permit program, with the help of Welcome Desk Animators.
• Manages Evergreen Brick Works tour program and team of tour guides
2. Transportation Management
• Oversees relationships with the shuttle service and coordinates parking requests in collaboration with Events and Facilities.
• Maintains shuttle service routes and times in conjunction with the shuttle service, internal program and events teams.
• Maintains relationships with the TTC and other transportation providers (e.g. SmartCommute) to improve accessibility to the site, and develop more inclusive transportation strategies.
3. Tour Program Management
• Oversees the public, private and self-guided tours program.
• Supervises team of tour guides, ensuring that all shifts are filled.
• Researches, updates, streamlines and edits tour scripts as required.
• Develops and executes a marketing plan to increase private tour bookings.
4. Tenant Relations
• Manages and maintains tenant relations to ensure optimal information is communicated and operational needs are met.
• Coordinates tenant requests seamlessly with Facility Management, Program and Events teams, as necessary.
• Provides strategies for continuous tenant relationship improvement, including the oversight of initiatives.
5. Emergency Management
• Provides onsite support in the event of an emergency such as fire emergencies and flooding - including flood preparation, evacuation and clean-up activities as needed.
• Acts as the Flood Communications Officer during flood incident, providing timely and effective updates (including web and phone) to staff, tenants and visitors.
• Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations and able to deal with conflict.
• Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
• Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of EG. Assess difficult situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
• Supervised by: Director, Hospitality
• Supervises: Welcome Desk Animators, Tour Guides
• 2-4 years of customer service experience
• Volunteer management beneficial
• Experience working in cultural, heritage or environmental institutions an asset
• Computer skills including MS Office, Outlook
• French/English language preferred – all other languages are an asset
• 40 hours per week
• Working with vulnerable populations
• Evergreen Brick Works is located in a flood plain of the Lower Don River and is prone to occasional flooding. Under these conditions, employees may be asked to work from home and/or participate in clean-up activities.
Terms of Contract: 12 Month Contract, Full Time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to:
Please Reference “Visitor Services Coordinator” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Interpretation Canada c/o Kerry Wood Nature Centre 6300 45th Ave Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3M4