SENIOR PARK NATURALIST
Organization: Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Division: Sibbald Point Provincial Park
City: Sutton West
Job Term: 1 Temporary annually recurring seasonal contract for up to 42 weeks per year (Feb-Nov)
Job Code: 41104 - Resource Technician 3
Salary: $24.79 - $27.59 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 159406
Are you a self-motivated, organized individual that can lead a small group of park interpreters to deliver theme-based programming and provide technical leadership and guidance? If so, please consider this opportunity at Sibbald Point Provincial Park.
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role, you will:
How do I qualify?
Communication and leadership skills:
Computer and equipment proficiency:
Address: 1 Temporary - Seasonal, duration up to 42 weeks, 26465 Park Rd, Sutton West, Central Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Posted on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a cover letter and resume: tips, tools and resources (gov.on.ca)
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Interpretation Canada c/o Kerry Wood Nature Centre 6300 45th Ave Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3M4