Are you a creative digital communications professional with project management experience?
Can you create engaging social media content and visually appealing digital communications products and presentations? Do you have a flair for writing and design, a curious and creative mind, and an interest the arts, tourism and amateur sport in Ontario?
If so, consider this exciting opportunity in the Communications Services Branch of the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries. We're seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented and creative individual to join our busy team to help grow and manage the ministry's social media presence and promote the ministry's programs and policies.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• lead the development of new media strategies that can be leveraged to support the ministry's strategic business and communications objectives;
• design, develop and edit social media content; ensure that messaging goals are clearly understood and synchronized with those of the ministry;
• provide support and meet client/end user needs in implementing effective and relevant social media communications tactics;
• proposes implementation and integration of products which will further effective communication within the ministry and with clients and stakeholders;
• lead the development of ministry policies, processes and standards for social media;
• liaise with various stakeholders and divisional staff across the ministry and the Ontario Public Service (OPS) to provide advice and seek direction;
• provide specialized consultation services related to social media concepts to promote the development of technology-based solutions;
• consult with strategic communications team to develop social media components of integrated communications plans;
• monitor ministry social media channels and engage in community management, notifying issues management team of major breaking/forecasted issues.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of current social media tools and trends.
• You have strong technical understanding of web usability and accessibility.
• You have knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act to ensure all media posts meet accessibility requirements.
• You have specialized knowledge of/expertise in the use of digital and web media.
• You have knowledge of standard hardware and software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, desktop publishing, graphic design).
Communication, Consultation and Advisory Skills:
• You have a thorough grounding in communications principles, practices and techniques to develop social media component of integrated communications strategies.
• You have advanced communication, interpersonal, customer service, consultation, negotiation, presentation and advisory skills.
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• You have the ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders to provide specialized communications advice to the project team and clients.
• You can prepare, edit and proofread a variety of website, presentation and other content materials to share information and troubleshoot issues relating to digital communications products or tools.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• You can identify, assess and prioritize ministry communications objectives and requirements.
• You can measure and evaluate the effectiveness of programs to ensure social media strategies are cost effective and support defined priorities.
• You can prioritize program initiatives and negotiate project deadlines in order to deliver within established timeframes.
Project Management and Research Skills:
• Project management and research skills to plan, develop and manage social media strategies; ability to independently prioritize demands and work effectively within tight deadlines.
Salary Range: $67,383 - $97,094 per year
2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 438 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, by Monday, June 29, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering 150226 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Interpretation Canada c/o Kerry Wood Nature Centre 6300 45th Ave Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3M4