COMMUNITY SERVICES ASSISTANT 3 – SURREY NATURE CENTRE – SENIOR FRONT COUNTER ATTENDANT (AUXILIARY)
The Surrey Nature Centre (operated by the City of Surrey’s Urban Forestry section) offers nature-based programs and events for schools and the public with the goal of increasing awareness, appreciation and stewardship of Surrey’s urban forest. This auxiliary position is based on a predicted 28-hour work week (Monday to Saturday), which may include evening shifts. Anticipated start date is Monday, December 2, 2019.
As the Senior Front Counter Attendant at the Surrey Nature Centre you will:
• Provide excellent customer service and a welcoming atmosphere to visitors.
• Be responsible for general telephone, email and in-person reception duties.
• Maintain the lobby and indoor drop-in space for visitors.
• Administer daily cash procedures.
• Register and schedule school and public programs.
• Schedule, and create contracts for, facility bookings.
• Schedule program leaders and facility booking attendants.
• Maintain records, according to the City’s Record Retention Policy and Procedure.
• Provide direction to volunteers and junior staff.
• Assist in the development of promotional, informational and educational material.
• Maintain the Surrey Nature Centre’s Facebook page.
• Provide support for various Nature Centre initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
• Completed Grade 12, supplemented by one year of related work experience, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience including supervision
• Supervision experience.
• Proficient Computer skills including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work independently.
• Current Emergency First Aid (or acceptable equivalent).
• Valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
• Knowledge of local flora and fauna (an asset).
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
Interpretation Canada c/o Kerry Wood Nature Centre 6300 45th Ave Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3M4