Nature NB connects people with nature. We support a diverse network of nature-lovers across the province, providing opportunities for New Brunswickers of all ages, and from all regions and backgrounds, to discover, learn about, and share nature with each other. We travel throughout the province, teaching kids about nature in their schoolyards and neighbourhoods, advocating for species at risk through local outreach, and engaging volunteers in monitoring and protecting the species and landscapes they love.
Based out of our Fredericton office, the Engagement Assistant will work closely with the Director of Engagement to help our supporters take action to celebrate, conserve, and protect nature in New Brunswick. Duties for the Engagement Assistant will include assisting in the implementation of a digital engagement strategy, preparing and managing mailing lists, assisting with social media management, engaging with potential supporters, assisting with event planning and managing event logistics, and tracking metrics for growth and engagement. The Engagement Assistant ultimately helps us to build and strengthen relationships with our supporters and promote the organization’s mission and values to external stakeholders.
This is a permanent, full-time, entry-level position with opportunity for training, growth, and development within the role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Engagement Assistant will work closely with the Director of Engagement and will assist with:
• Keeping new and existing supporters informed about current opportunities to engage with our work
• Developing marketing materials, including website content, emails, and social media posts
• Planning events and activities to engage our supporters, manage event logistics, and promote events to the public
• Tracking and analyzing campaign progress, reach, and engagement
• Organizing and implementing our Constituent Relationship Management tool
• Creating and managing mailing lists
• Monitoring social media pages and responding to comments
• Learning about and implementing principles of Engagement Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following, developed from a University Degree and/or relevant work experience:
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in event planning and/or managing logistics
• Ability to easily prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; attention to detail
• Knowledge of current social media landscape
• Experience or interest in digital/web analytics
• Experience or interest in community engagement
• Interest in nature, conservation, and advocacy
• Working proficiency in English and in French
• Valid Driver’s License is an asset
• Experience drafting and publishing social media content for an organization is an asset
• Experience working in a non-profit setting is an asset
$15/hour, 40 hours per week
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
Please prepare a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good fit for this position at Nature NB, highlighting relevant experiences and/or qualifications. Send your cover letter and résumé to Emma McIntyre at emma.mcintyre[at]naturenb.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position, but only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Interpretation Canada c/o Kerry Wood Nature Centre 6300 45th Ave Red Deer, AB, Canada T4N 3M4